This weekend is Thunder Run 24 and I am writing a kitlist, after having several dreams in which I forgot several important pieces of kit. So far I have:
- 2 x Brooks PureConnect2
- 1 x Nike Structure 15s
- 1 x flip flops
CLOTHING and RUNNING KIT
- 1 x comfortable, black dress (for wearing up to and down from the course)
- 2 x running skirts
- 1 x short tights
- 1 x long tights (although: my own long tights will be too hot, even if it’s very cold, because it’s not winter and my long tights are made for snow. I suspect I will instead take my capri-length track bottoms, or Mr. Neon’s long summer-weight tights. I haven’t quite decided on this yet.)
- headlamp plus spare batteries
- Garmin 310XT, charged
- 4-5 pairs socks (i.e. as many pairs as I can find and wash)
- 1 x lightweight hoody, for resting and keeping warm overnight
- 1 x big hoody, for resting and keeping warm overnight
- Waterbottle and belt
- 1 x bed pants or light tracksuit pants, for resting and sleeping
- Sports bra. x 2, if possible
- 3-4 dri-fit singlets or t-shirts
- Buff and visor/cap
- rubber mallet
- tent lamp
- sleeping bag
- squish down pillow
- gels a-plenty. Just in case.
- Clif Shot Blocks. Just because.
- 3 x Clif Builder protein bars
- 3 x Clif bar
- food? Perhaps some cold roast potatoes.
- Phone, and charger
- Thesis reading (I know, boring right?!?)
- 1 x big towel
- 1 x foam roller
- 1 x first aid kit
- 1 x strapping tape, in case my ankle decides it hates life
- 1 x toiletries stuff, including soap etc.
- Alarm Clock
What have I forgotten? What is total over kill? What food should I be packing?